Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Green Bkstyle 2011 Brunch and Live interview... An opportunity see feel and learn about RPET 10% Recycled plastic fabrics!

Last year and Subsequent to  Green BKStyle we became acutely aware that the average independent desigenr was not really sure as to  how to procedd in "greening" their line!

We had at that time been in talks with  Dream Green Productions, the company  behind the Body Shop Eco- Bag That held their products showcased at this years Grammy Awards! The bag was designed and Manufactured by Dreem Green of made of fabrics from   Recyled Plastic! It was constructed California with a view of controlling Carbon footprint and  supporting local businesses! Teh artwrk done in Ny  By an artist from our project and sent via the internet! 

As I spoke to Victoria D’Angelo, who was at the time  outlining the steps in reclaiming  disposable goods or redirecting towards a more sustainable way of harvesting “NATURAL” resources; It occurred to me that her process was similar to one I  utilized  to creating  solutions for economic stimulus! It was not just a Design process… it was also lean and agile terms I had embraced within NY’s Tech community!

We’ve committed to a series of interviews and articles that explore the actual chjallenges on Going green! Our goal is to bring it to host in Brooklyn  and via technology to 

Victoria  is a fore-runner in the eco-movement, and runs Dream Green  Printing and Dream Green Productions! I run the 28 squared arist  collective adn   started FashionCamp  to explore and learn technology; we are both  designers, mothers and passionate about quality and access for women! Our   individual  decisions to solve our own challenges took us on paths of discovery , innovation and new directions! She has a Home and interiors and product design Background;  I fashion  local and indigenous crafts!

April 23rd 2011 will be the best  day  and Victoria has agreed, not only to fit us into her schedule but to bring  her wealth of experience knowledge and even samples of fabrication to  Brooklyn , for a Presentation/ seminar discussion! We will be hosted by  Victoria Of Vitoria's Tea who describes her ecosustainability as "Green By Default"

A snippet of that mornings discussion

We were  primarily discussing  the challenges of getting designers a solution to unique fabrics, that were environmentally  responsible and cost effective! Our conversation easily  flowed to :-

From The  process,  and layers of  opportunity to how best to execute! among my notes>:-

Taking  Inventory  what are the  resources, natural and renewable…

The collection, Reclaiming & Harvesting  the  waste or re defining  what natural resourcesexist are process for

Waste;-  Post  consumer and industrial waste, car tubes Glass

Defining what is allowed, what is needed

Providing the technology and training

Calculating  the Cabon and  Financial Cost-

Sponsorship by corporations and, business models

Crushing, Rebuilding; Product Extruding – to the  necessary malleable  format  fo manufacturing  various raw formats Eg Fabric, flooring

Developing eco and sustainable Product lines

WWe spoke also of the need to look at the human and cultural  resources;-  What  artistry, skills  and  craftsmanship  exised or what was there to be repurposed; as well  Developing the end market and distribution channels! We both understand that women and communities depende on this development and that beyond teh hype, Real solutions that active an d agressive actions!

JJoin us on Sat 32rd April 2-4 as we discuss these topics... the session will be taped for later  viewing  ! However Space is limited!

Reclaiming, Renewing, Regenerate, Rethink!

Reclaiming, Renewing, Regenerate, Rethink!

The question is "How do you design  change how do you "GREEN"  a fashion line  or for that matter any business"

Discussion and Brunch to celebrate Earth Day

April 23rd 2011 2-4pm  Reclaiming, Renewing, Regenerate Rethink! the question is "How do you design  change" What are the steps in developing an effective Environmental Resource Strategy and how does an individua, city  town or state or business move towards...
Read More 

Share this event on Facebook and Twitter
         We hope you can make it!

Also VOTE befor April 22nd midnight For us to make the main stage At Intermnet Week NY 
HELP US #MAKETHESTAGE @INTERNETWEEKNY FASHION & TECHNOLOGY FOR ...

Cheers,
Brooklyn Fashion Week

Views: 23

Fashionable Suggestions

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Apparel Search

Fashion Jobs

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Shopping 

Fashion Blog

© 2017   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.