Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Hi.

I'm a freelance patternmaker, and I really like using the pattern hooks pictured in my profile picture.

I can only find one place to purchase them, and you can only get them in bags of 50 for around aus (or us) 50c each. Way too expensive for me. (although I have purchased a few bags already)

I've tried looking online, but I can't find the same type from anywhere else. The ones with the cord and just a metal hook seem to be popular, but not what I'm after.

I'm looking for a cheaper option than my metal hooks from Australia. Does anyone know somewhere to buy them for a better price? I'm happy to purchase from overseas. Happy to buy 1000+ if I need to in one purchase.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

I find that the 2.5mm metal is a good strength for a graded cardboard pattern. The 2mm are a little bit weak for heavy graded sets, but if I can get a good price for these, then I'll still be happy!

Views: 1078

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Amanda,

Have you thought a having them made yourself? Not you actually making them but perhaps a lovely retiree who likes to use their hands? I would go to your local hardwork store (where you buy the wire) & ask if they know of a person who works with wire?

Just a thought,

Leanne

Thanks Leanne. I'll consider that idea if I still can't find them cheaper.

Hi,

Use the GERBER only.  Trust me !  

Irina

How does that help me with hooks?

Hi Amanda,

You can buy those kind of product from China and Hkg. It will be much cheaper compare than Austrilia. But qtty I think you need to incresase. Do you want to get supplier name, pls email me. <zakir@techemail.com>

Rgds,

Zakir

========

Hi Zakir,

If you know of a factory that sells those hooks, I'd love to know the supplier's name.

Thanks, Amanda

https://atlaslevy.3dcartstores.com/Box-of-Pattern-Hooks-C15-40140-p...

not the same...but $.22 each...

& you have to buy a gross...

you'll have a hard time running out!

D

I ended up getting them made specially for me in China. Very pleased with them & think they are better than the ones I was buying :). Stronger, can hang on a thicker rack/pole, and of course they are always the same! I got sick of one packet facing one way, and the next being mirror image.
If anyone from Australia wants to buy a pkt from me, they're $40 for pkt of 60, plus postage. (From Melbourne, Bayswater)

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Apparel Search

Fashion Jobs

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Shopping 

Fashion Blog

© 2017   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.