Sorry this response seems to be a few years late :) but I hope it will be helpful to you or to those who need fashion industry contacts. For me, when I first got started in the industry I was young and like many newbies I was contactless. No one would give me a time of day and when I thought I had my foot in the door, someone would step on it and I had to pull it out and start over. So I had to take matters into my own hands by finding creative ways to get quality fashion contacts. Here is the list I followed:
1. I set up local online meetups groups that were very specific such as a group I started called luxury italian accessories. This enable me build contacts within specific niche markets.
2. I made youtube videos on fashion subjects that interested me but that also had mass appeal such a series of videos I had on how to sell fashion accessories to department stores.
3. I went every fashion event I could even If I had to travel.
4. I got contacts from others who were already knee deep in the industry.
5. This step was an important step for me because it allowed to get more information I needed on my contacts such email addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and more. To help me do this I used go old Google as well as sites that have fashion industry contacts in one place such as Hoovers, D & B, Enbizz and others.
I hope this was helpful, if you have any questions you can message me.