Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Hello! I'm Annalisa, I'm a student from imb. I'm very satisfied of the school I love it!!!!!!
I'm attending the Fashion Stylist course and I think it's fantastic!!!!!

If yuo have any questions about IMB write me!!!!!!!!

ADDECTED TO FASHION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views: 2802

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dahnyelle, thanks for your concern...

answering your question,the books are informative, but there are better books out there, for fashion design,like anything written by Steven Stipleman, who teaches at Parson's in New York.
At Burgo, you bascially just sit on the chair, the teacher says, "ok draw this", then you draw something from the book, and the teacher comes back ,asseses it, makes corrections with a red pencil, and then says "ok,now draw that". Its not a school in the traditional sense, where everyone is doing the same thing at once, everyone is working at their own pace, and level, and nobody will speak to you,ever...unless they want to brag about themself and how "talented" they claim to be.The overall vibe in the class is really unfriendly, and I tried to smile and say hi to people everyday, and nobody ever reciprocated, and I just got tired of being nice with my fellow classmates,who in turn, never even gave me the time of day.
I took classes at community college in Los Angeles,before I went to Burgo, and let me tell you, I learnt ALOT more about technique,fashion and what you need to know in the fashion industry there,than all the 11,000 euros that I blew on going to school in Milan (as for italian fashion, look at the tags in Milan, most of the so called "italian" pret-a-porter is made in China).
Once I left Milan, I went to Paris, then London (both cities alot more worthy of a fashion title than Milano), and realised, that Milan's claim to be the "fashion capital" is a facade...they lack creativity, and people dress generally the same, with a conservative fear of being even a little different,fashion wise. Plus they lack the big city attitude (Milan is also really just a small city,with a provincial, cliqueyness, most of it consists of ugly, industrial suburbs)and you can see it when they stare at you critically on the subways,and JUDGE you on what you are wearing (in NY, you'd get shot for staring in the nasty way that they stare in Milan).
My advice is,unless you want to get treated like crap for being a "straneira" , you're much better off going to other cities to study fashion,like New York, London,Paris,even Montreal...to this day I completely REGRET studying in Milan....
WOW! I that's interesting I was really interested in the books from what I seen onthe website. Do want to sell your books? LOL.
hey again... I lent them to my niece,and she took them back to Dubai, without asking me first...sorry...:-(

I found the book on a few sites, but yeah, they are kind of expensive..amazon doesnt carry any copies, so I dont know,if you want it badly enough, you might have to buy it at full price...:-(
It is a good book,and has impressive work in it, from both students and teachers,but it costs a fortune! Ultimately, its the talent of the artist that matters anyway,and whether you learn it from this book or another, if you're good you're good...I found just reading alot of different books on fashion design,including this one. made me develop my own style eventually. I would say, instead of paying 11 000 for the course like I did, the 80 euros for the book would have been enough for me to study the techniques and design....but what i really paid 11000 for, was the diploma, to say I studied there,and the prestige, to say I studied in "Milano".
I just got home from the art supplies store, and found that supplies cost a FRACTION of what they cost in Milan , for example, each Pantone marker in Milan,costs an average or 6 euros or more, which is 10 canadian dollars-EACH...Over here they cost 2.95! For my final portfolio, I had to go out and buy a presentation folder,which costed me...72 euros...thats well over 110 dollars....over here, it costs about 20 dollars.
I hope you find the books,Dahnyelle....looks like there are alot of sites that sell it....
Dear Dahnyelle,

It's Anna from Milan.

Sorry for the delay but I was on holiday!!!!

With regard to what Melissa B said, I think it's only her point of view!!!!I'm sorry that you didn't sign for the summer course because students were completely satisfied of it. I met a few of them and they told me that teachers are great and Milan is really beatiful. The Chinese trend is gaining the international markets, it's not only in Milan!!!!Of course here there are so many Italian style shops that you can't immagine!!!!
Also, the teaching method is really good because teachers tailor the program in relation to your needs and cultural background. The books are unique and I don't think that you can learn about drawing without a guide!

Anyway, I think that Istituto di Moda Burgo gives you the right knowledges that allow to find a job after graduating. Sure, it's also thanks to the student's talent! But this is in everything you do in your life, not only in fashion!

Well, hope that now you've changed your mind.

Have a nice day,

bye

Annalisa
Hi! I will be starting at IMB in october. and was wondering if you could give me information on the school. Do you know of anyone who has graduated and is doing well and employed in good reputable fashion houses?

The Courses in Italy are really helpful for Fashion beginners

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion Jobs

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Shopping 

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2019   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.