I find that a lot of clothes available in market are all very similar in terms of quality and style, but depending on the brand, sell for various price points. Does a leather jacket really need to be $500?

I've been in supply chain and most of the markup has to do with all the middlemen involved in traditional retail models (wholesalers, distributors, retail brands) and a lot of it has to do with the cost to sell a single item (staff, retail stores, celebrity endorsements). 

A lot of the products that brands sell are produced by a few ODM/OEM that do all the sourcing and produce the final items (but make very little margin in comparison to the brand). My thought is that if we can buy directly from these manufacturers that would save us a lot of money! Of course, provided that the style and quality are up to standards! The catch would be that there will be no labels or brand involved. 

Sharing a survey to gather feedback and hear what you think about this! http://bit.ly/nolabelclub 

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.