Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

helloo :)
so, i want to be a desginer and i'm not going to college yet, so i would like to know tips or about things that i could start doing by now, so by the time i get to go to college, i'm ready to rock it :P

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe you can find a school in your area that teaches fashion. Yes, I understand you are not ready for college, but possibly you can take one or two courses to see if you truly like it. You may actually find a professor that will allow you to sit in on a few classes just to get a feel for it. Check with community college or universities in your area to see if they can offer you some assistance.
Hello,

It just so happens that we've written a whole series of articles to prepare aspiring designers for a career in the fashion industry.
Check them out and feel free to contact us if you have additional questions!!

Kristin
Hi -- you should start reading the trade papers like WWD to help learn more about the business side of fashion and of course continue to develop your eye by looking at collections in stores, looking at magazines and websites like Style.com (this is the fun homework :) to understand quality, how trends evolve, etc. www.genart.org is a great resource for new designers with their competition, etc. and of course (forgive my shameless plug) you can always read my book The Fashion Designer Survival Guide if you want to understand more about the reality of life as an independent designer. Good luck! Mary
I benefitted greatly from your book, Mary! It has been my fashion industry "bible"!
-Melody Wilson
Pixyworld Blog
Boutique Baby & Toddler Girls’ Clothing
@Mary Gehihar

Your book has been a life saver! and every aspiring designer should read it over and over again - i am reading it for the third time and i consult it all the time!

It is super!

The only down side is that most of the resources at the back apply to the US and I'm in the UK!
i would like to share you this simple tip..
first focus on your specialization first before trying new things you're not used with.
Try to have your goals..
don't hesitate to ask questions if you're having thoughts in your mind
and last...always do your best.

Guess Jeans
First and Foremost, You should know that you MUST LOVE fashion in order to make it through school. You will have A LOT of work and times where you may think about dropping out; however, if you love it like I do, you won't quit. If you can sit there and think about what else in life you could do that would make you just as happy and you can't, then Fashion is cut out for you. Otherwise, going to a fashion school like FIT or Parsons may just be a heartache.....

Make sure that you LOVE it! I emphasize the Love because you have to in order to make it....

Hello! 

We are launching an entire online course about Fashion Entrepreneurship in a few weeks. The course will provide information about how to start your own business in fashion, how to create and market your brand, and how to start a fashion line.

If you are interested or would like to know more about the course, please contact us at: consulting@jomsy.com. We would love to help you! 

Hi,

I have been building fashion brands from the ground up for over 20 years and have worked with fashion brands of every level.

I have combined all of this extensive experience into an online course for anyone who wants to start their own fashion brand. This is a  step by step on how to start and build a successful fashion brand. 

Check it out here https://moodu.teachable.com/p/how-to-build-your-fashion-brand

The course is geared towards anyone regardless if they have any previous experience or knowledge in the industry.

Good luck with your business and let me know if you have any questions.

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2020   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.