The new year is just around the corner

I’m betting my bottom dollar on my 2020 fashion trend forecast that I am about to bestow upon you. Here, let me prove my credibility: I spend a heck ton of time thinking about clothes. As a fashion editor, it’s my literal job to stay on top of fashion trends, and I do that by both studying the runways and shopping. A lot. Like a lot, a lot (sorry, bank account). Not only that, but I also keep my eyes peeled for any style moments that may pop up on my newsfeed and shape an entire generation (e.g., Crocs are back, and it’s all thanks to the rise of VSCO girls). But, ahem, just in case you still don’t quite trust me, I’ve roped in a fashion stylist to share her thoughts on what trends will hit big next year. So now together, we are unstoppable and super credible.

This year, we’ve seen a lot of biker shorts, flare jeans, resin and pearl barrettes, snakeskin, corsets, tie-dye, that one particular leopard satin midi skirt that everyone and their mother owns or at least has considered buying, and boiler suits—a whole hodgepodge of ’70s, ’90s and the early aughts, all in one year. A lot of these, we successfully predicted in last year’s trend forecast. Most were based off of runway looks, while some trends (ahem, the leopard satin midi skirt) originated from Instagram culture.

So of course, this time around, we’re looking at both the runways and social media to predict exactly what fashion trends will hit it big in 2020. Some have already started to catch on (and we’re predicting that the trend craze is just going to get stronger in the new year), while some other trends likely won’t make it onto the scene until 2020 is already underway.

2020-fashion-trends-forecast-image.jpg

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.