I am looking to launch my line either for Spring 2011 or Fall 2011. I have over 5 years experience in the industry and currently work for a company designing uniforms. This has been a long time goal of mine to launch my own line of clothing targeted toward petite. I have several collections designed and samples I have made myself. However with a full-time job and very little money I don't really want to run my own company. Not only is it time consuming but instead of trying my hand at something I don't have skill in I would like to focus on keeping the quality of my product by focusing on what I am very good at; designing clothing. Are there any companies or retail concepts out there that allow a person to focus on the creative end while they take care of the rest like sourcing, managing production, sales reps, accounting, etc.? I know it's a reach in the dark but my theory is even if I take business classes (and I have), I will not be an expert at owning my own business and running your own company by yourself will require 90% of my time and I feel the design will suffer and failure would soon follow. I wouldn't want someone who took a few classes in mechanics to work on my car, so why should someone with incredible design ability and knowledge of clothing try to be a CEO? Any leeds, thoughts, and references are welcome. Thanks.

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.