Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

I have been trying to find a person/company to market my product. I have had no luck so far.
I've tried fashion marketing, fashion rep, etc... And have not even found one source here in the Northwest.
Anyone know how to find a good rep? Know of someone in the Northwest?
Any tips on marketing in general?
Thank you for your time.
Kim

Views: 303

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you might have to market your item yourself at first.
any seasoned sales rep, (especially with today's market and buyers being very cautious) will only take on lines which have already been established .
the most important thing a rep will look at is marketability.
will the item sell?
is it in demand?
what is the demographic?
the line has to be established somewhere and there has to be demand on some level, before a top notch rep will take it on.

so this is where you might have to market your product yourself to get it established.

do you know the story of true religion jeans?
no one was interested in those jeans, he was turned down by fred segal in l.A
finally one of the buyers from fred segal gave him a chance and the store stocked a few pairs of his product.
he returned to the store a few days later to find that not one pair had been sold.
he asked the store if he could give free jeans to the sales people and have them wearing them when out on
the sales floor.
the store agreed and 2 days later, those jeans were sold out of the store.

which brings me back to my original thought of you marketing your brand by yourself, building it up and then once it's in a few doors, having a rep take on the line.
hope i've helped.
This was very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to provide this information.
Maryanne ~
Thank you, so much... very helpful :)
~ Kim
That was so nice & informative.

You may be asking, “What sets Jomsy apart from other companies”? “What does Jomsy do that other companies DON’T do”?

Here at Jomsy Inc., we pick our designers carefully, and develop an intimate relationship with both the client, and the client’s products. Also, because we help our designers produce their products, it lets us work closely with them.

Knowledge of fashion is crucial, however Jomsy takes fashion to another level! We understand fashion on a great level, because we work with clients from all around the world. We see the ideas and trends these designers bring upon us.

Besides press coverage, we also use a countless amount of different social media platforms to use as a foundation to build our clients’ image. For example, we use Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, and Storify, (Just to name a few), and we work closely with Hollywood stars.

Here at Jomsy, we are multi-lingual, and we reach out to editors, journalists, and both print and digital publications globally. When we work with national and international clients, we utilize today’s technology, using Skype to hold interviews, and conferences with these clients.

For any inquiries, please feel free to contact us at Consulting@Jomsy.com

Don’t forget to Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter @JomsyConsulting

Add Sylvie De Gil

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion News

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.