Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Within the decade, we could see stores selling shirts that turn us into portable power stations. Scientists are already looking to develop energy-scavenging fabrics, with nanotechnology built in that use the kinetic energy from the wearer’s movements and convert it into electricity for powering electronic devices - a similar principle, in fact, to the kinetic watches sold today.
I'm not suggesting that the white lab coat is about to become the new little black dress. But new ideas are being developed that could change everything about what we wear.

Views: 422

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree to your concept. Day by day fashion changes using technologies and value added treatments .I guess in our country

the industry is getting neglected day by day and things are getting Bad. I dont know how it being considered in the domestic trade and as of now the people who have been concentrating on export bussiness which played a significant role in upgrading our fabrics and weavers are in bad shape. 

Whoever comes up with new ideas and concepts are not entertained well .As a person in the media how you see this angle 

Yes you could never be more right. Human brains run on preconceived experiences. We are more comfortable with the familiar. There are a few thousand different possibilities in which we can put on a pair of shoes. But when we see one in the morning our brain tells us that it best fits in our feet-and automatically discards the other numerous options. Our brain is hardwired by previous experiences.

The flip side is it has a tendency to reject new things-new ideas-which it cannot fit in pre labeled boxes. It’s like having 20 different file folders all marked with different subjects -and suddenly you have a completely different kind of document and you are confused in which folder to put it in.

I think to be creative is to be able to control this typecasting of our brains. We who have different ideas have been able to train our brain to jump out of their filing system and think out of the box. I feel and believe that creative people should also train themselves to be brave and take their freshness seriously. Let not a few box brained (well not a few-they make up the many)people box our love of thinking differently.

But my happy thought is -a couple of hundred years from now you would have iron nails driven through your palm and feet for saying something different. Now you will have hate mails for being different. Well they don't hurt as much. OUCH.

Whatever it may be if i feel like crawling on the ground wearing my flip flops on my hand-just like my 4month year child used to do-I will do it at 40. Who is there to stop me?

I agree, I think that clothes are going to evolve from being fabric, to being more industrial, in a sense. My opinion is that there will be a lean toward thicker fabrics to support the new connection between clothes and technology in a way. "Smart" clothes, that track the individual wearing the clothes. I've read blogs that discuss labs trying to "grow" a black dress out of cellulose. Also, they are experimenting about breaking down fiber content into sprays that can eventually harden, to make a new dress out of a can. There is  a slew of new ideas that are going to help the industry move forward.

Yes. I am also looking forward to have a great time in this industry as an editor of Fashion Ventures magazine. It seems the best time to be in the industry.It seems as if lots of adventure lies ahead. We need to be well tuned in and never be afraid of the technology. Let's not forget as designers we excel in the technique of thinking up new ideas. How do you think  this symbiotic relationship between fashion scientists and fashion designers will come about in the future? Will it be like today’s soft wear engineers and graphic designers. They make the tools -we play the game. They manufacture paints -we paint the World? What do you think? 

i have a handmade item site too http://www.yourcosplay.com , i can custom all cosplay costume and canvas shoes if you provied the images!

hi thanks for your reply. i tried to check your web link. but somehow can't get there.I am trying to give my website www.fashionventuresportal.com a new look. It is built with the idea of making designer products and  services of creative people available to everyone in the world. At present I was experimenting with my home country India but now I think I am ready to reach out to my friends worldwide. you can send me at imagesofindia@gmail.com

i have a handmade item site too http://www.yourcosplay.com , i can custom all cosplay costume and canvas shoes if you provied the images!

MensUSA.com is an online store offering some of the best Mens Suits, Tuxedos, Discount Suits, Suit Separates, Man Suit, Shiny Suits, Zoot Suits, Dress Shirts, Ties, Exotic Shoes and lot more. You will surely find some of the best men’s suits at affordable prices. Shop our large selection of stylish men’s apparel today

Fashion importing is demanding because of the need to shuttle in and out of the country, but many business minded people say that business can be made fruitful and at the same time fun. Here are some that these people can do it.

I totally accept your ideas about future fashion, Fashion even become so famous today, because every one want to look extra ordinary and look more charming than other his/her close friends. Some one follow their favorite personality, so some follow film actor or actress. Nowadays social media also play a major role recent time fashion trends. There are some nice wholesale online shopping stores such as GotApparel.com is recent time famous cheap online store according to all time fashion trends.

wow a great website to be sure. thanks for introducing me to it. fabulous pics

You are shipping worldwide, so I think you can get good customers in India too as our film industry keeps influencing the young minds with great western wears. I have been working with the idea of promoting works of fashion designers and brands to all the passionate fashion loving people in the world. as the world is becoming a small place I find our neighborhood is becoming quite large. My website is www,fashionventuresportal.com working with my designer friends in India. recently working to give it a more refreshing look. keep in touch with me at imagesofindia@gmail.com. take care

I have a fashion online shop too. Angeldress.co.uk may give you some feeling about fashion.

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion Jobs

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Shopping 

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2019   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.