Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

I need help in how get myself known to the fashion world a little more in the comfort of my house. The reason being is because i live in a small town and fashion isnt really very high here. Any suggestions? i wish to be a fashion journalist and i  want to improve my writing skills as well. 

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yolanda- I know I already replied to you when you sent me a direct e-mail, but I figured it may help others with the same question if I also add a reply here in the forum.

1) Are you promoting yourself for the possibility of employment by others?
2) Are you promoting a particular brand or product?

If you are promoting yourself, you can utilize the "forum" as you are doing know to either ask questions or answer questions. Over time, members that are active on the site (and in the fashion industry) will start to recognize you when you post. For example, Maryanne on the network has been posting helpful advice for the past several months. When I see her profile image next to a post there is definately instant recognition. When I see her post it has instant validity. Although I never met her, I would be very happy to help her if the opportunity arises. In summary, because she has made friends she has gained potential business connections and owed favors. It is sort of like the golden rule. Help others on the network and eventually others will help you. Anyway, the point of my rambling is that if you use the forum and groups to help others, you will indirectly be helping yourself. It is a good way to build recognition and promote yourself to members of the fashion industry from around the country and world.

If you are promoting your brand or product, you can use the blog system once an a while to try and develop brand recognition. If you wish to write a full article rather then only blog posts, I can possibly post it for you on Apparel Search. Also, you can post to the Fashion Newspaper site. If you are interested I can approve you as an author at the Fashion Newspaper
i just came to answer this question and i read apparel1's lovely comment. thank you so much for your very kind words.

yolanda i have one idea for you.
start something new.
be a trailblazer in life.
does your small town have a local newspaper? ( i would guess that they do)
write a few articles about fashion.( they can be simple as long as they are informative)
edit what you have written..be your own critic.
when you have something that is very well written...
call up the newspaper and ask to make an appointment to speak with the editor.
bring in your work, discuss what you feel you could contribute to the paper.
if they go for the idea, you've just accomplished what you wanted..which is fashion journalism.
in the beginning, you might have to work 'for free'

at the very least, you will have tried.
at the very most, you might start writing a weekly column.
best wishes.
Ok thank you Maryanne , I was thinking about doing that and it sounds like a great idea .. So should i send an email to the editor after making a few examples?
no emails.
phone them.set up an appointment for an in person appointment with the editor.
explain your vision & what you wish to accomplish.
the editor might ask for you to leave your articles, so they can be reviewed.
Ok i understand thank you so much :)
hi..
zankhana here from fashion portal www.fibashion.com we provide free platform to fashion students from all over the world as fashion is the industry where exposure of talent is must and we help students in tht..so send me ur profile and few illustration at z.thakkar@fibashion.com

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2020   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.