Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

THIS CONTEST IS OFFICIALLY COMPLETED.

The winners have been selected...

First Prize Winner : Blondell
Second Prize Winner: Tara Davis

CONGRATULATIONS to the winners and all who have participated...

Below is the summary of the contest and the entries.

Gerald Sherman has been kind enough to offer two free copies of his Fashion Public Relations book.  One book for 1st prize and one book for second prize.  Both will be signed by the author.

Here is the information about the contest:

1)  Write a short essay.

2)  Essay Should be no more then 250 words.

3)  Subject of the Essay, "Things they never taught me in school on being successful in the Fashion Industry"

Contest Ends: November 20th, 2010

Judge: Gerald Sheman

You can learn more about Gerald Sherman and the books that he has authored by visiting his profile here on the Fashion Industry Network.  You can also learn more at the Sherman & Perlman website. 

More about the prize : Fashion Public Relations, Gerald J. Sherman & Sar S.Perlman, Fairchild Books, Division of Conde Nast, N. Y., (2010). This book has been adopted by nationally and internationally known Fashion Colleges & Universities...

Again, the subject of the essay is, Things they never taught me in school on being successful in the Fashion Industry.

You can list your essay below in the comments section of this discussion.

Views: 2957

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

MINDBLOCK
I have been taught the importance of smart marketing, time management, presentation & professionalism. Drilled with the constant reminder of crucial networking skills, then there’s such thing as being current- being repetitively aware, up-to-minute of our surroundings.
Yes, I remember to align all the points on being successful in this competitive trade.

But what happens when one fails to recollect the seed of this enterprise – inspiration?
Forgets to reconnect? Loses all drive? Immersed into the brilliance on the fashion affair?
Some artists claim the business’s intention got too ahead;became an audience pleaser, deceptive, concerned for profit - dissolving the inspiration aspect.
Not at all, fashion’s balance formula = Business + Art.
The business aspect has been so overrated while inspiration is so under rated -the least of concerns it became.

Next season, they consoled us.
Next season? Next season does not exist when the numerous collaborations with contacts were spoiled from your experience, the priceless time & energy spent, and the pricey budget.
The fashion world does not revolve around you, au contraire to what daddy had us assured.
No excuses, the show must go on-
There is no wishing & hoping & praying- Fashion is not a loyal fool in love.
The relationship is demanding, she [fashion] does not settle for lack of quality- divas with intelligent critics solely based on surviving amongst the fittest.
There’s no time to wait- Inspiration is needed asap, always.

Yes, inspiration I have not been taught at school.
Just wanted to update everyone that the submission deadline was November 20th, 2010. The contest is officially over. Gerald has been reviewing the submissions and will advise a winner within the next few days (possibly a week because their is a holiday this week). Thank you all for your participation. The winner will be announced as soon as possible.

For those of you that have found this contest discussion area "after" November 20th, you are welcome to continue adding essays to the comments section. However, you will obviously not be judged or win a prize. You can write your thoughts on the subject just to express your view..
The winners have been selected...

Firstly, Gerald and I would like to thank all the participants for their essays. It was a difficult decision and here are the winners:

First Prize Winner : Blondell
Second Prize Winner: Tara Davis
Honorable Mention: Sonya LaRae

CONGRATULATIONS to the winners and all who have participated...

Please note that their is no third place prize, but we created an honorable menion to acknowledge another well done essay. We are sorry that we could not give a prize to every participant... We hope you had fun with the essay.
Now that this contest is completed, winners announced this evening... I have decided to close this discussion. Previously, I thought it would be nice to leave the discussion section open for additional comments. However, I now think it is best to close the discussion. If you wish to further discuss this contest, you are welcome to list your thoughts in the comments section of the fashion contest group.

By the way, I have created a page on Apparel Search to list the winners of the fashion contests that the Fashion Industry Network sponsors. Here is where you can see the winners of this fashion contest.

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion News

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.