Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

New to industry, looking for books and articles which explain clothing from design to sale

My company is seeking step-by-step information on the life cycle of clothing, from design to when it gets put on the shelf for sale.  We would like the information to be as detailed as possible, so any of you out there with knowledge on this subject please pass the information along, it is greatly appreciated.  Book titles and magazine articles are welcomed as well.  Thank you!

Views: 375

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dave,

Kathleen Fasanella's book "The Entrepreneur's Guide to Sewn Product Manufacturing" is a great source of information on the processes and timetables for apparel manufacturing. You can also check out her website for more great info.  http://fashion-incubator.com/

Jaime,

Thank you for the input, we'll check it out, and we greatly appreciate it! 

hmm nice you if you want any kind of help just ask me with out any hazitation.. i`ll be glat to help..

Hi Dave, 

There is also another great book out there called "Over-dressed The shockingly high cost of fast fashion". It does not so much describe the life cycle but I think it is a supplement to Kathleen Fasanella's book listed below with updated information. Also Clothier Design Source (my company) offers a 4 step simple layout to understand the entire process from beginning to end. This 1 minute video below pretty much sums it up too. Please contact me mindy@clothierdesignsource.com as we offer free consults should you need more information. thanks and best of luck!

Dave - you may want to check the Fashiondex book selections.  I have a list on Apparel Search at the fashiondex book store page. 

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Greetings to you, Hope this mail finds you in good health and sprite. I am Sashikant Co-Owner of Urban Purple. I came to know that you are in look for some vendors to outsource your apparel production requirements. I have a Job Working unit which is having the capacity to produce High end garments in Small Quantity up to 500 pcs / style/ color . Kindly let us know if you have any requirement that you can outsource to us.

Looking forward to your reply on this.

Urban Purple – Company Profile

Fashion Studio and Garment Manufacturing Unit

Address: Urban Purple

2nd Floor, Kapilan Orchid, # 25

7th Main 80 Feet Road, Subana Palya Extn

Bangalore – 560043

We are a Garment Manufacturing Unit and Exporter and Job worker with 10 Machines and have been working with clients across USA and UK. Established in the year 2010 we have been working solely with importers from USA and EU region.

WE have In house Pattern Designer, Fabric Expert, Sample Tailors and 10 Batch Tailors capable of Producing both Knitted and Woven Garments. Also we have our in-house cutting section.

We provide end to end solution to our buyers from Design, Sample Development, and Apparel Production.

Monthly Capacity to produce is up to 1000 PCs of Garments.

Machines:

8 – Single needle Machines (Juki)

2 – Over Lock Machines (Siruba)

1- Flat Lock Machine (Juki)

1 – Boiler Iron and Finishing Table (orbito)

1 - Layer Cutting Machine (orbito)

Contact Person: Saravana V. (Pattern Master and Production Manager )

Contact Number:  9880549978

Sashikant - 9035001810

Sashikant
Marketing Head
Urban Purple Design Studio
# 33 , 2nd A Cross , Vijaya Bank Colony Extn
Horamavu , Bangalore - 560043 ( India )
Tel : 9035001810 / 9880549978 ( V.Saravana - Production Manager )
info@urbanpurple.in/

this company could have useful tips  on startup fashion, they helped me out a lot when I was just starting out, www.fashionmanufacturerfinder.com

Jen, Thank you for your information.  My company is now looking for examples of Tech Pack's and a Spec Sheets.  Do you have any for a pair of pants or shorts that you could send to us?  You can black out any information you don't want us to see, much appreciated. 

We are also looking for examples of tech packs and spec sheets for a pair of pants or shorts.  We are not interested in any proprietary information, just the basic layout and what type of information is included in those documents.  My company is developing a mobile application that deals in the apparel industry and this information is helping us with our development.  Thank you to any and all who help.  You can email me personally at dave.j.desmarais@gmail.com. 

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2020   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.