Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Okay so I'm currently going to The Art Institutes Online for my Fashion & Retail Management BA.  I have no clue how to sew, but I can draw, not that great but I can!  I have looked for drawing and sewing lessons around my area and have found none.  I have some sketches of my clothing, as well as designs for shirts and dresses.  I have no idea where to start or how. I have no inside knowledge or experience with the Fashion industry. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

It's not really that easy for me to just pack up and move around because I'm married with two small kids, and my husband happens to be in the Army. 

My goal is to have my own store, line, and be successful.  I don't really care about being famous as long as I'm successful.

Thanks and Have A Blessed One!

Jordan.

Views: 617

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you ladies so much!! I will definitely be checking into all the resources I can. It's much appreciated!! God Bless you guys!!
I definitely know where you are coming from I started out the same I can draw now but still would like to be able to sew my own samples. My husband is Army also and I have 2 children so moving is not really real for me but I can tell you that I have my samples and patterns and you can it if you find someone or a company that does it for startup or small productions. apparelsearch.com is great and I know of a couple people depending on where you are. My story is ver similar to yours and I have found other people i can relate too on here so here is a good place to be. Start networking and the internet is you best friend for resources. marcih@ymail.com is the best way to reach me for the additional contacts. Good luck stay blessed and it will come to pass.

FashionEye
Hi Jordan
I own a designer wear manufacturing house in Kerala, India which caters to designers and boutiques around the world. Normally designers come over to my company for few days, buy fabric of their choice from near around places, gets it stitched in my factory under their own supervision and happily sells in their store or clients' for the current season. Those designers come for every season. We provide stay and international cusine of their choice too. I dont know whether this info helps. Thanks / George
Reach me at aju.geo@gmail.com

HI, I would say that what you need most is a little bit of experience working in the fashion industry, to learn more about how it all works and what might be a good pathway for you, and also learn loads about the drawing and sewing skills you will need. By far the best way to do this is to get some work experience in a fashion design company. Work experience is far more helpful than taking classes, because it exposes you to the real thing. See if you can find a fashion company that you can travel to, even a small one will do, and approach them to ask if you can do work experience. If you can get a placement, even if it is only for a few days, you will be amazed what you can find out. I have actually written a series of articles with what i think are helpful tips for people starting out in the design industry, have a look at them if you like!

work experience tips

looking for fashion jobs

job skills

I wish you luck - i have been there myself and I know how tricky it can be to get started!

All the best

Just insist your dream and begin to do, you will be succeful if you try your best.

You need to have your own style and the only style.

I also have the same dream, so i will keep an eye on this topic!

thenorthfacedeals.com

Hi Jordan,

I wanted to recommend you take some basic sewing classes at Joann fabric Stores. I don't know if you have them in your area but we had them in everywhere in the Mid west where I am from. If you don't I learned a lot sewing from the instructions on patterns I bought from the store. Start with a basic two hour sew pattern and you will learn how to put a garment together. You can really teach yourself to sew, I did. It is easy, it just takes a lot of patience. Then practice over and over again. You don't have to know how to sew to be a fashion designer, but you get to know what is possible and can tell in the future when someone is ripping you off by charging you too much. I hope this helps.

Hi, I think you should go in New York's famous fashion Institute and Technology and you can understand the how they work on fashion trades mad the Technologies which are newly coming in fashion industry and you can also join in the Art and Design student exhibition which is going ti held in May. This will help you to move forward.
How to put the money into reality virtual wow gold? This sounds like a digital alchemist's question. However, a number of developing countries "gold" (farmer) has found the gold, special network answers to make profit by game entrepreneurs. In these games, mining, professional monsters or participate in other activities to obtain "virtual", then gold COINS sold players (usually rich countries for the players), real money.

Check out my blog post and website for detail guide how you should go about it .

http://clothingtechpacl.blogspot.com

http://paromita.fashionsblogs.com

http://www.paromitadas.com

For any further help please contact me thorugh my website.

Best regards

Paromita

Hello! 

We are launching an entire online course about Fashion Entrepreneurship in a few weeks. The course will provide information about how to start your own business in fashion, how to create and market your brand, and how to start a fashion line.

If you are interested or would like to know more about the course, please contact us at: consulting@jomsy.com. We would love to help you! 

Hi,

I have been building fashion brands from the ground up for over 20 years and have worked with fashion brands of every level.

I have combined all of this extensive experience into an online course for anyone who wants to start their own fashion brand. This is a  step by step on how to start and build a successful fashion brand. 

Check it out here https://moodu.teachable.com/p/how-to-build-your-fashion-brand

The course is geared towards anyone regardless if they have any previous experience or knowledge in the industry.

Good luck with your business and let me know if you have any questions.

Definitely, I 'll give some suggestion, as per my opinion you can check "Moment Screen Printing", This helps make your fashion dreams become a reality even when you don't have the necessary skills and equipment to do the job. Getting your own screen-printed T-shirt is not only easy but offers you lots of benefits. The three incredible benefits you stand to enjoy are A unique design that gives life to your personality.
Thank you

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion Jobs

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Shopping 

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2019   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.