Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Alright everyone last time I posted about my plus size women breaking into the industry and I'm happy progress is being made. Now I want to focus on all my petite young ladies out there. I want to know what are your issues with shopping. What type of style you prefer or think flatter you. I know petites want to feel mature and not feel like a teen when it comes to shopping and you definetly can't bear the thought of shopping like you belong in Ann Taylor. I'm here get all the facts and make a change for once so lets start discussing my lady petites!!!!!!!!!

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Petite frames need to stay with streamlined, sleek , minimalist looks.

Think clean lines like the early 1960's.

A petite frame will look lost and over whelmed in anything exaggerated, whether it's a too full skirt or a thick heavy knit

or too many layers.

And look even shorter in anything cropped.

Heels always elongate the legs and give more balance and length.

With petites it's all about proportion and colour.

Prints are tricky for petites, because too large a print and your body will look lost

too tiny a print and it can look little girlish.

Hemline length in dresses and trousers and jeans are very important.

Also attention needs to be given to accessories..a too large handbag will look like a suitcase..and too small one will look like child size. So again, a petite needs to stick with a medium sized classic.

Great feedback marayanne !! I completely agree with everything. This really puts everything in perspective designing for petites.

My wife is a petite and I asked her to contribute.  Sorry this is short, but here are her comments.  She had a long day...

"As a petite woman with curves, I find it particularly challenging to shop and be fashionable.  I have learned to play it safe with classic styles but that is pretty boring. I wish I could have a stylist dress me."

Thank you apparel 1 for feedback. I myself am curvy petite and there are alot of boring options causing me to design for myself. your wife can go outside of playing it safe and add some fun to her classic looks. Its all about proportion. Id love to style her and see the excitement myself. I'm glad she gave her voice of frustration as I take on to solve this issue among many to come.

a petite woman with curves has got to do..sleek..simple and minimalist.

curves alone on a small frame can look sexy..add anything more..and it amps it up to full wattage.

to err on the side of good taste, the fit has to be impeccable, so that the clothing doesn't detract from the overall image.

so nothing too tight, too short.

prints can be the trickiest things in apparel for a petite curvy woman.

add a leopard or animal print on a curvy frame and it can look as though you're trying too hard. it can look too sexy.

add of floral and it can be too distracting.

solid colours are the best way to enhance and work with this body type without adding any more.

nude coloured shoes add length to the leg.

everything in proportion.

material plays such an important part.

and you can add textures..as long as they are the right ones.

a big bulky cable knit sweater can dwarf any petite woman.

so you wear a sleeker knit..like a cashmere which has drape and warmth..without the added bulk.

hair and makeup are a petite woman's best friends...because it make the eye travel upward.

because accessories can overwhelm or distract.

medium sized handbags..no shoulder bags.

no belts..they only cut height..and you want the illusion of length.

i love high heels..and they make you look so much taller..especially the ones with hidden platforms.

flats are another option for a petite..as long as the flats have a bit of an edge...otherwise they can look too girlish.

well cut jeans, cashmere sweater, pea jacket , boots with heels, 

and a handbag in proportion..nothing outsized or shapeless...

structure structure structure..textures...line..colour.

Indeed, she is a good woman is indeed relatively high demand for clothing and wear out will be more beautiful, but can not be ignored, but also for clothing and fashion jewelry increase highlights the place, I suggest you look Viennois:Wholesale fashion jewelry online

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Apparel Search

Fashion Jobs

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Shopping 

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2018   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.