Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to create SKU numbers or what the process of obtaining these are? Please let me know if you do. It would really help! Thanks!

Views: 1010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Every SKU is assigned a unique identification number (inventory or stock number) which is often the same as (or is tied to) the item's EAN or UPC. SKUs may be a universal number such as a UPC code or supplier part number or may be a unique identifier used by a specific a store or online retailer. Many retailers use their own SKU numbers to label products so they can track their inventory using their own custom database system.

You may want to check with a company like Paxar / Avery Dennison. They provide price tickets and hangtags that utilize UPC's / SKU's. They may be able to help point you in the proper direction.

I have never used this software, but the following software may be some help to you.
Simms Software : The SKU Configurator can be used to determine the composition of the SKU number. Selection of some characters from the item's category, subcategory, vendor's part number, manufacturer or vendor will add them to the SKU number's format. Users can instead choose that an auto-generated number to be part of the SKU.

Also, check out MSS Software.

Learn more about Stock Keeping Unit.

To form SKU, the first letter of every word can be taken and a unique number can be added with it.

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2020   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.