Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Pearls are highly treasured compared with other other gems and precious metals. Therefore, special care is essential. in order to give your pearls a long beauty and luster time. We hope to provide you with special tips for preserving and caring for your precious pearls.

Storage:

As pearls are a relatively soft gem (3.5-4 on the Mohs hardness scale) Pearls are best stored separate from other jewelry types such as metallic chains or diamonds. If stored together with other jewelry types, there is significant risk that the pearl nacre could be marred due to rough surface contacts. This can be avoided by storing your pearls in a separate jewelry box, soft bag or satin pouch. Pearls can also be sensitive to long periods of heat, resulting in drying and discoloring of the natural nacre. Therefore, never store your pearls in locations such as safety deposit boxes etc.

Wearing:

Cosmetics,perfume and hair spray, which contain chemicals, can dull its luster. It is advisable to put on your pearls afterwards.Sweating also leads to a similar effect. Meanwhile, Lampblack and sweat should be avoided.

Cleaning:

If harmful chemicals have come in contact with your pearls, it is appropriate to clean the pearls with water and a very light detergent such as baby soap. Ensure to rinse clean and wipe with dry or moist towel after cleaning. While the pearls are still wet, be sure not to wear them as wet silk strings are more likely to stretch and weaken. Also, the wet silk string will easily attract dirt which is quite difficult to remove.

Restringing:

The string of pearls should be restrung if worn often. The string should be knotted between each to prevent from falling off and from any friction.

more: http://www.jyxpearl.com/media.jsp?category=teardrops_of_angel--pearls

Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, great tips and advice for pearls. It is truly great to have such fashionable accessories like pearls and other stuff and sometimes people neglect to care those things because they don't know how to care for it. Thanks for sharing it to us, what about other handcrafted jewelry? Hope to hear it from you.
Hey,
Thank you for the great suggestions on how to take care of pearls. I am fond of diamonds and now I’ve wondered lately about how green or Eco-friendly ethically-mined diamonds are compared to diamonds created in a laboratory, or so-called “cultured diamonds.” Neil Koppel, president and CEO of Renaissance Diamonds Inc and a thirty-year veteran of the jewelry industry says cultured diamonds have less of an environmental impact than ethically-mined ones. I’ve never personally witnessed diamond mining (though I did see "Blood Diamond")… but I was curious to know more about how diamonds are created in labs. This is what I learned from Neil. Read the full article here: http://www.sustainlane.com/reviews/shine-on-you-crazy-diamond/IC3RL...

I have read your post and found it informative, in a way that this guide is helpful for all of those who are in this work, and want to go to next level of business. I found it really good helpful as if someone want to learn about this industry and work, it will definitely help. A point which I want to add here is that the customer should always be conscious about quality of product where as manufacturers are conscious about quality of product and packaging as well, because they want to stand out of the crowd in that product market. For cosmetic packaging I have used this website and have found them good in packaging quality. If you want to talk to them, you can talk to the customer representative available online for chat and on call.

Thank you for the great suggestions on how to take care of pearls. I love pearl jewelry but always worried that how to take care of my sets. I used to purchase pearl set from the best pearl store. Timeless Pearl is one of them where I purchased most of my jewelry. By the way thanks for your valuable information. Hope it will definitely help for pearl lovers.

Thanks for sharing such informative post. You’re always giving your readers something new. Therefore, I’ve bookmark it and I’ll definitely recommend my friends to read this website post.

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2020   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.