Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Im interested in opening my own boutique and money is definitely a must to have.. what are ways to come up with start up money????

Views: 1355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe i can help you as we are one  fashion apparel wholesaler in China,we have many various styles for men women and kids fashion clothing,our major clients are online shoper,retailer and wholesaler,we can send delivery just from $100 total,so it is fit to you for starting your new boutique.my email is newcentury (at) yeah dot net. 

Congratulations for having the courage to start your own label! We need more fashion indie designers to challenge the huge fashion conglomerates and fast fashion retailers to make the fashion industry a fairer marketplace! :)

Although getting funds is a difficult task for emerging designers! Have you tried the 3 Fs? Usually emerging designers start running their businesses going through these paths:

- Family,

- Friends, and/or

- Fools! The internet has thousands of supportive folks thinking with their hearts rather than their rationals! Kickstarter is for starters (no pun intended). I'd also suggest you to check out fashion oriented crowdfunding platforms like Catwalk Genius, STYLETREK, or Fashion Stake. In any case I'd suggest you to develop a solid funding strategy if you want to succeed and not let down your supporters because, in my personal opinion, I wouldn't recommend any fashion designer to crowdfund themselves if they don't have the business acumen and manufacture/technical experience to run their proposed projects. As a matter of fact I wouldn't even recommend any supporter to fund a fashion project coming from talented fashion designers that lacks basic business skills and/or manufacture and technical experience (unless supporter gives her/his money in a charitable way).

Anyway, there's another F which is Funding from government (i.e. grants or government-funded support schemes for small businesses), banks (i.e. loans, credit lines, credit card) and/or your suppliers (credit terms). The less experience or credit history the designer has, the more difficult it is for her/him get this type of funding.

And of course you have the business partners that can support you with funding and/or management like Business Managers or Investors (they'll usually provide with funds and management support), Venture Capitalists (although, to begin with, they'll only be interested if your investment requires US10 million or more). You also have other types of business partners: Manufacturers or Licensees. They support fashion designers that have loads of creative potential and key support from press, opinion formers, stockists, and consumers.

Rod

You can try crowd sourcing... http://IndieGogo.com

Or http://Garmz.com

Or Kabbage.com

Hi, me too am currently looking into opening up my own boutique. There are different ways to raise funds. For instance you can firstly approach people you know for fund and in return give them percentage. The other way is getting a business loan from the bank in your local country, or town. Also you can find a silent partner, a person who is willing to put down the money (he/she must believe in your business project of course) and then you do all the work, you give the partner a fee. there is one other way which exists but a bit more complicated: you start up with your own money but only do so much as your funds allow you. So let us say you have 7000 US dollars only. you set up your company with a very strong business plan including financial forecasting, market research and so forth. You may have to pay some people to do some of the sections of your business plan. After that you can list your small company in the stock market and sell your shares for money. I might be a tad wrong but do research on the stock market thing you may find out a way to raise funds. 

Now I have a question?! do you know how I can stock my boutique? are there any specific trade shows I must go to meet wholesalers? What if I want to make purchase from a well known brand? 

Good luck.

Maybe start from small ... Consignment shops....
I just bough a store in mosman Sydney , good location ... Looking for consignment partner

This email everyone in my network,

I am working on a special spring collection for 2014 and I am looking for partners to assist with getting this collection off the ground. This will be an eight piece clothing collection created specifically in Black and white in order to maximize wear ability the collection will also show in February New York Fashion Week in order to generate additional orders . Manufacturer of the collection production will happen in the orient and we are equipped to make very large quantities of clothing once design samples are created. The items that I am designing are going to be marketed to Bloomingdales, White House Black Market, Nordstrom’s, and Henri Bendels. Here is how you can benefit: for each design that you finance you are entitled to a 10% royalty on the design that you finance. Average investment amount is under $ 500.00 in order to find out more about this opportunity and be a part of a unique opportunity to invest in fashion please inbox me you can see some of my past designs at www.ledesign.com/carlouspalmer in order to get references of past and current store sales you can inbox me.

I think borrowing them will be the best option. You could ask from a familly member or in the worst scenario from a bank. With a boutique I don't think you will fail and so you'll be able to return the money

If you already have a project and a plan in your mind, you could apply to a government funding. I'm not sure if they are interested in fashion boutiques but you could try, a good plan can destroy every doubts

If you're confident in yourself and in your business, taking a loan might the startup kick that you need. A lot of people use that and a part of them have succes while other's don't and they remain with the debts. The most important step before taking the money is to study the market and make a prediction about how the things gonna work. See if there's gonna be a demand in that area, find out what taxes you'll need to pay. If all that give you clear signs that it's gonna work, find a creditor - bank or credit company. A fast way is to apply online for a loan. I done so on http://lainaailmanvakuuksia.fi, when I got my first car.

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2020   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.