Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Hello. I am opening a children's boutique. Currently I am getting boutique clothing and high end department store clothing from discount sources, so the tags are sometimes cut and the manufacture's hang tags are clearanced or just in bad condition. The clothes are very cute, as I hand select my items and I plan on charging close to full retail value for them. To make them special, I am doing made2match hair accessories and bracelets with each outfit.

My question is, can I take the hang tags of and just replace them with my own boutique hang tags or will this really be a bad idea? I don't like the clearance look of the tags, and would prefer a clean, simple, boutique look of my own tags. But I don't know if taking manufacture hang tags off will decrease value or something? Thanks for any input!

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my personal opinion, - clean, crisp, enticing tags are BETTER then old, dirty, messy tags...

When removing hangtags, my suggestion is to be careful. You certainly do not want to damage the garment. When swift tacs are put into the garment they are done with a tagging gun which has a small needle. When the tag is inserted a small hole is made in the garment. Certainly the hole is tiny. However, it should be concidered when deciding the placement of the tag. Also, keep on mind that a woven knit fabric would typically have a better time of the hole then a woven fabric. Anyway, just be careful when cutting off the old tag and when attaching the new.

My guess is that when you decided to open your boutique, a good portion of that is pride in your product and your store. Fresh clean tags in my opinion is always a good thing...

The one other thing to think about is cost. Although hangtags are not expensive, keep in mind that they are NOT free. Definately calculate the expense because every penny spent on the garment is a penny less in your profit...

Good luck with the store.

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion Jobs

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Shopping 

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2019   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.