Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Attention All Fashion Designers, Sewers, and Crafters Participate in the First Green Fashion Show in Queens
with a cash prize

A group of community organizers in Western Queens are planning a Queens is Green Fashion Show during the week of Earth Day to highlight clothing and accessories that not only look good, but are good for the planet.

Green Fashion isn't just clothing made with sustainable fabrics like hemp or bamboo silk, but also includes items that are handmade or refashioned from recycled or reusable products -- and we would like to highlight designs that have a local Queens connection.

The catwalk will be on Saturday, April 26 in Long Island City, NY.

To be eligible, please send us an email with the following items:

A picture of your clothes or accessories – we need to see 3 items either sketched or finished
A short paragraph on how your items are environmentally friendly
A short explanation on your connection with Queens, NY (i.e. resident, work, born in Queens)

Deadline to enter is March 14th. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact Robyn Sklar at: robynsklar@gmail.com

This event is sponsored by: 3R Events, Green Space, Valerie Green Dance Entropy, and Subdivision

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Robyn,
As a designer with a small sustainable line, your article sounds enticing.
Is my understanding that the connection needs to be with Queens and NYC is not enough?
I saw your profile.Milliner. I loved the class in college! Good luck!
Hi Aneta,
The connection does need to be with Queens, NY. If you know of anyone who lives, works, has family or is from Queens please let them know about the fashion show.

Thank you for your response.

Robyn
Thanks,Robyn
I'll keep that in mind.
Maybe next year you can expand to cover a broader area. Including NYC, NJ and Conn would be great. Anyway, it is understood that the focus for now is Queens.
After your event, if you have photos maybe I can create a section for your event at my Fashion Week Photos site.

If you are inerested, you can check out a section that I recently created for Organic Clothing. If you have friends in Queens that sell organic clothing, I can possibly add them to the directory.

Good luck with your event. Sounds like an excellent idea.
Your article about organic clothing is very interesting. While this is a subject that one can never feel fully informed about, everytime we are discussing it, we bring more light to the phenomena.
I would add that once you make the decision to be on that road, there are steps to be taken and they are not easy. You need to get informed, but your customers also, so they would understand why they should buy your product. Because it is not a consumer driven market yet,peolpe do not transfer the food concept to apparel. The organic food is good for my body, but organic apparel? It is good for our Earth. Comments like Marci Zaroff's from underthecanopy.com, who said that to produce one cotton T-shirt had to be used 1/4 pound of pesticides, can be an eye opener.
The hard part for a young apparel company that wants to produce sustainable and organic,is that you do not find textile companies that have the certification for it, and you can not make a claim to a customer, if you are not sure yourself. The consumer will be turned off, and for a good reason.
www.zoicamatei.com
EXTENDED DEADLINE March 21st AND MORE PRIZES

Attention All Fashion Designers, Sewers, and Crafters Participate in the First Green Fashion Show in Queens
with a cash prize and an exclusive article in the LIC Magazine Ins & Out.

A group of community organizers in Western Queens are planning a Queens is Green Fashion Show during the week of Earth Day to highlight clothing and accessories that not only look good, but are good for the planet.

Green Fashion isn't just clothing made with sustainable fabrics like hemp or bamboo silk, but also includes items that are handmade or refashioned from recycled or reusable products -- and we would like to highlight designs that have a local Queens connection.

The catwalk will be on Saturday, April 26 in Long Island City, NY.

To be eligible, please send us an email with the following items:

A picture of your clothes or accessories – we need to see 3 items either sketched or finished
A short paragraph on how your items are environmentally friendly
A short explanation on your connection with Queens, NY (i.e. resident, work, born in Queens)

Deadline to enter is March 21st. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact Robyn Sklar at: robynsklar@gmail.com

This event is sponsored by: 3R Events, Green Space, Valerie Green Dance Entropy, Loveday 31, Candy Plum, Ins & Outs Magazine and Subdivision

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion Jobs

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Shopping 

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2019   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.