Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Hi. I am an independent jewelry artist/designer in the Atlanta, Ga.area and would like to know how I can get my jewelry used in fashion shoots? We have some local magazines {Jezebel, Atlanta Magazine, Peidmont Review} that do fashion shoots, usually in conjunction with a story on the clothes. I was wondering, where do the stylists look for the accessories? Would it be out of line for me to contact the magazine and ask for the stylists contact info so I can speak to her directly? I'd like to offer my designs for use and hopefully get them back in good enough condition to at least use as samples. Does anyone have any other ideas for me to get free/cheap publicity? I'm a one woman operation, so not much budget for advertising. Any ideas appreciated!

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

I know we are not a magazine but we are hosting Fashion Week ATL in October 08 and would love for you to include your jewelry in our accessory event please visit us at www.fashionweekatl.com to get more information.....and who knows who you may meet through this private industry only event. Good Luck and we look forward to working with you soon!

Thanks,

Jenial Turner
Designer Coordinator
Fashion Week ATL
www.fashionweekatl.com
Hi Jenial,

Thank you for the information about Fashion Week ATL. I don't think I will be able to participate as a designer this year, but I am interested in coming to your event to see what it is all about. Is the Oct. 5th event open to the general public and how would I get tickets to it?

Thank you,
Rebecca Greenberg
Owner/Jewelry Artist
La Bella Designs
I know that fashion magazines do fashion shoots with accessories. Depending on how well you designed your jewerly and how you try to approach the company. A lot of lotion companies may need
CZ Rings.
few years ago we were able to partner up with a local clothing line store and do local showroom events and managed for press to be present. that was very inexpensive and gave us a lot of exposure when I was working at my old company.

-Patricia-
www.elegantisle.com
I love to see the fashion shows. And here i often visit the site and get the information about the fashion week. the accessories which are used for shoot are so much expensive.

Murano Necklace | Venetian Glass Jewelry
your best bet would be to contact stylists directly.
have a portfoilio of your pieces to show them.
if they feel that your jewelry will be relevant, it will be used.
also contact the accessories editor of the local magazines.

which niche market does your jewelry fill?
is it avant garde, edgy?
roamntic?
classic?
fashion forward and trendy?
or quietly elegant?
also what materials/metals/stones do you use?
could the jewelry stand by itself in an editorial spread?...or does it work better paired with clothing?

hope i've helped.

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion Jobs

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Shopping 

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2019   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.