Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Fashion textile industries have responsibility towards poverty and its elimination. Reason is that this sector has highest potential toward generating employment. Nearly 60% of world population live in Asia alone and most of the population wear traditional garments and designs. Present fashion designing is only glamorous attraction for people and the designers. Instead, they should pay attention towards designing products to attract Asian and Eastern European population which consist nearly 70-75% of world population. Such designing would generate demand for products and would be helpful to improve employment opportunities.
http://www.sadashivan.com/crisisofunemploymentinhandloomandcottages...
Handmade - handcrafted products and add on value are the best source to add more and more job opportunities. Most fashion textile industries rely on modern power loom fabrics; such designing of fabrics only reduces involvement of hands.

Views: 195

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for starting this topic on the Fashion Industry Network. I think that we are all in agreement that the industry should do what we can to assist others around the globe. Poverty and unemployment is not the sole responsibility of the textile industry, but certainly we should do are part to help when we can.

Good luck with your efforts to help.
if hand loom fabrics in cotton, silk, flex, linen, rayon, jute, and other fibers are promoted through fashion designing i am certain will involve more hands to manufacture . hand involved add on value on garments and fabrics would further boost the scope. As I feel in this world over 70% fashion designed garments look sexy but people prefer wearing only traditional dresses, this is because fashion has been able to catch attention of masses. As far as Indian fashion shows and textile designing concerned, covers not even 5% of 1 billion population.

Fashion industry has vast scope but should match the population comprise low income, middle income and rich class. Most population in this world are religious minded so designing kept in mind to attract them too.
In my opinion, clothing will always be produced in various fabric and various styles. Clothing will be made in accordance with public demand. If consumers want a particular design or fabrication, a garment company will produce accordingly. People with wealth will buy expensive fabrics (with designer names and styling) and people with lower income will purchase more economical fabrics and garments produced with a most practicle design.

fashion industry is not for coping up with demand and supply rather its objective is to create and generate demand by research and attracting people towards new produce. 

What makes you think fashion would elimiate poverty? I know fashion more or less profitable, but I don't think it's enough to end poverty. Handmade items I think would be very profitable is clip on earrings
Handmade fabrics and accessories would consume or generate more and more employment opportunites

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It can be a little disappointing. 

womens suits

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion Jobs

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Shopping 

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2019   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.