Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

I'm just starting as a fashion designer...would like to sell my own designs. I don't know anything about production, specifically sizes and number of pieces to produce per size, and what sizes to produce. In other words, how much to produce to start. Do you know any good articles or websites?

Views: 1084

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, I havent looked there. Thanks. I'll take a look. Thanks again for your reply. Pauline :)
My suggestion is to have buyers "orders" before producing many garments. If you need samples for your showroom or to send to buyers to review your line that is different. But when it comes to running bulk production, the sizes that you produce should be based on the sizes that your "buyer" wishes to purchase. If you are planning to order garments prior to having orders that is a bit more dangerous (but it may be neccessary depending on how you wish to manage your business).

If you are planning inventory "before" having orders, there is no exact answer to your question.

Some people purchase in 1-2-2-1 (meaning 1 small, 2 medium, 2, large, 1 X-large). Others may produce 2M, 3L, 1XL with no smalls. And you also have plus sizes to think about. Anyway, above size scales are just examples, NOT suggestions. My actual suggestion is to ask directly to the stores, that you plan to sell to.

Hopefully some one else will reply with a better answer to help you.. You may want to join the retailer group on this network and ask members of that group for suggestions. Good luck.
Hi, Oh yes, your reply was so helpful with lots of useful information about running the business. I can move along to the next issue armed with your info. I just wanted to clarify your statement: Some people purchase in 1-2-2-1 (meaning 1 small, 2 medium, 2, large, 1 X-large). .. You mean that's how little most buyers order when they decide on buying? Thanks so much. Pauline
No, actually I mean that is the size scale, NOT the total quantity. For example, if the buyer is planning to purchase 120 units in a 1,2,2,1 scale. That means the following:

20 small
40 medium
40 large
20 X-large

Note: always ask the buyer to clarify so you know if they are starting at size small for the scale. They may say, 1-2-2-1 and be starting from Medium up to XXL. (double check with them to be safe)

The buyers generally use some sort of size scale to determine how many units that should purchase in a particular size. For example, they may know that they have rackspace for 120 garments. They then need to decide how many units they want "per size". Some buyers may tell you they want to buy 1000 units in a 1,2,2,1 scale, rather then break out for you the quantity by size.

Do you understand what I mean, I did I just make things even more confusing.

Note: the numbers I am using above are NOT absolute standards. I am just using these as examples.
That is some good information and it was pretty easy to understand the way you explained
nsinha.
Hi, Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. Just one last thing... do you mean they purchase in units of "20"? I'm pretty sure that's what you meant. Sorry, I don't know anything. Pauline :(
Manufacturers/Exporters/Sourcing of All types of knitted Garments & Organic cotton garments to Mens , Ladies , Kids
apparelarrow@gmail.com

COMPLETE SOURCE FOR ALL UR APPARELS & CLOTHING NEEDS FROM INDIA
hi,
Really this is great web for the designers.
Have you got your answer?
I am also looking answer for the same question.?
If you get that please let me know about that......
I have practicle experience but according to you not.
hello,

I am doing outsourcing of garments for fashion designers . We can offer and work up to any minimums .Please contact for further assistance

Regards

Prasanth
Prasanth,

Where are you outsourcing garments? Where are you having them manufactured?

Thank you,
CiCi
hi8 cici,

i am getting these manufactured from Indian factories.
Dear Prasanth,

We hope you are doing well.

We are a manufacturer and exporter of cotton & polyester yarn from India since
1961 and cater to the needs of textile manufacturers world-wide.

We have just started a new division “Araaish” to extend our services of hand
embroidery and garment construction catering to
the needs of fashion houses globally. Attached is our company profile for further
perusal.

We would appreciate it, if you would give us an opportunity to introduce
ourselves personally to you.

Look forward to a positive response.

Best Regards,

For Sanathan Textiles

Sweta Dattani

0091 9821034195
0091 2266343312
0091 2266343314

please copy paste the link in your browser to see our samples.
http://animoto.com/play/3pbX7qU0vPGf6l5qNgxjUw?utm_source=project_c...
Attachments:

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion Jobs

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Shopping 

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2019   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.